La clasificación química divide a los minerales en grupos según sus compuestos químicos.
1. NATIVE ELEMENTS: Are those found in nature without merge or form chemical compounds.
2. SULPHIDES AND SULPHOSALTS: The sulfides are composed of various minerals combined with sulfur. The sulfosalts are minerals composed of lead, silver and copper also combined with sulfur and some other minerals such as bismuth, arsenic or antimony.
3. HALIDES: They are composed of a halogen with another element such as iodine, fluorine, bromine or chlorine.
4.OXIDES AND HYDROXIDES: They are a product of the combination of oxygen with an element.
5. CARBONATES, NITRATES AND BORATES: Carbonates are salts derived from the combination of carbonic acid and a metal. Nitrates are salts derived from nitric acid. Borates constituent mineral salts or boric acid esters.
6. SULPHATES, CHROMATES, TUNGSTATES AND MOLYBDATES:Sulphates are composed of salts or esters of sulfuric acid. Chromates are constituted by chromium, the tungstates by wollframio and molybdates by molybdenum.
7.PHOSPHATES, ARSENATES AND VANADATES:salts or esters of phosphoric acid, arsenic and vanadium.
8. SILICATES: They are silicic acid salts, which make up 95 percent of the earth's crust.
9. ORGANIC SUSTANCES:In this group include salts and organic acids.