La clasificación química divide a los minerales en grupos según sus compuestos químicos.
1. NATIVE ELEMENTS: Are those found in nature without merge or form chemical compounds.
2. SULPHIDES AND SULPHOSALTS: The sulfides are composed of various minerals combined with sulfur. The sulfosalts are minerals composed of lead, silver and copper also combined with sulfur and some other minerals such as bismuth, arsenic or antimony.
3. HALIDES: They are composed of a halogen with another element such as iodine, fluorine, bromine or chlorine.
4.OXIDES AND HYDROXES: They are a product of the combination of oxygen with an element.
5. CARBONATES AND NITRATES: Carbonates are salts derived from the combination of carbonic acid and a metal. Nitrates are salts derived from nitric acid.
6. BORATES: This group consists of mineral salts or boric acid esters.
7. SULPHATES:Composed of salts or esters of sulfuric acid.
8.PHOSPHATES, ARSENATES AND VANADATES:salts or esters of phosphoric acid, arsenic and vanadium.
9. SILICATES: They are silicic acid salts, which make up 95 percent of the earth's crust.
10. CHROMATES, TUNGSTATES AND MOLYBDATES: They are composed of chromium, or molybdenum wollframio
11. RADIOACTIVE MINERALS :These are elements that emit radiation.